- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
COBDEN, Ill. -- William M. "Bill" Sullens, 70, of Cobden died Saturday, Jan. 29, 2005, at Union County Hospital in Anna, Ill.
He was born on Nov. 13, 1934, at Dongola, Ill., son of William M. and Beatrice Sowers Sullens.
He retired from the Florsheim Shoe Co. in Anna after 28 years of service.
He married Allie Jane McCann on Oct. 15, 1955, at Cobden.
Survivors include his wife; two daughters, Sheryl Knupp of Jonesboro, Ill., Lori Gooden of Charleston, Ill.; a son, Kevin Sullens of Cobden; two sisters, Naomi Redcloud and Sue Rader, both of Dongola; and 13 grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a brother.
Friends may call after 6 p.m. today at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Cobden.
The funeral will be held at 1 p.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Clifford Heil officiating. Burial will be in Cobden Cemetery.