- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Construction worker still in serious condition
Construction worker Sam Scholl, 45, of Cape Girardeau remained in serious condition Saturday at St. Louis University Hospital, four days after a slab of concrete fell on him at a construction site at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
Authorities had reported that the accident injured his legs. But his wife, Tammi, said Saturday that her husband also sustained liver, spleen and kidney injuries.
"Just about all of his ribs were broken," she said. "He is in so much pain."
Tammi Scholl said her husband remains on a ventilator although he is doing some breathing on his own.
She said she appreciated the prayers and sympathy that the family has received from fellow construction workers and area residents.
"It's just been tremendous," she said.