- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)7
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
EAST PRAIRIE, Mo. -- Robert H. Hunter, 85, of East Prairie died Sunday, Jan. 23, 2005, at Naples Community Hospital in Naples, Fla.
He was born Jan. 17, 1920, in the Henderson Mounds community near East Prairie, son of Robert William and Susie Mae Woodward Hunter. He and Roberta Lea Conn were married Sept. 15, 1946. She died Oct. 5, 1997.
Hunter retired as postmaster at East Prairie Post Office. He was a member of Nelson United Methodist Church.
He was a veteran of the U.S. Army.
Survivors include a son, Kenton Hunter of Centennial, Colo.; a sister, Ruth Wilson of Sikeston, Mo.; and two granddaughters.
He was preceded in death by infant twin son and daughter, three brothers and five sisters.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. today at Shelby Funeral Home in East Prairie, with the Rev. Jim Quist officiating. Burial will be in East Prairie Memorial Park Cemetery, with military rites conducted by Brown Twitty American Legion Post in New Madrid and the Missouri Military Honors Program.