- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
EAST PRAIRIE, Mo. -- Robert H. Hunter, 85, of East Prairie died Sunday, Jan. 23, 2005, at Naples Community Hospital in Naples, Fla.
He was born Jan. 17, 1920, in the Henderson Mounds community near East Prairie, son of Robert William and Susie Mae Woodward Hunter. He and Roberta Lea Conn were married Sept. 15, 1946. She died Oct. 5, 1997.
Hunter retired as postmaster at East Prairie Post Office. He was a member of Nelson United Methodist Church.
He was a veteran of the U.S. Army.
Survivors include a son, Kenton Hunter of Centennial, Colo.; a sister, Ruth Wilson of Sikeston, Mo.; and two granddaughters.
He was preceded in death by infant twin son and daughter, three brothers and five sisters.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. today at Shelby Funeral Home in East Prairie, with the Rev. Jim Quist officiating. Burial will be in East Prairie Memorial Park Cemetery, with military rites conducted by Brown Twitty American Legion Post in New Madrid and the Missouri Military Honors Program.