- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Teddy W. Behr, 64, of East Alton, Ill., died Wednesday, Jan. 26, 2005, at Barnes-Jewish Hospital in St. Louis.
He was born July 1, 1940, in Gale, Ill., son of Grover and Frieda Adams Behr. He and Janet Callis were married May 14, 1967, in Wood River, Ill.
Mr. Behr was a furnace builder 37 years with Olin Corp. in East Alton, retiring in February 2003.
Survivors include his wife; two daughters and sons-in-law, Tara and Duke Newton of Edwardsville, Ill., Tracy and David Graham of Medora, Ill.; a son and daughter-in-law, Tyler and Trina Behr of Wood River; his mother, Frieda Pierce of Jackson; a sister, Karen Wright of North Carolina; a brother, James Pierce of Fruitland; and a grandson, Michael Behr.
He was preceded in death by his father and a sister, Shirley Huth.
Friends may call at Marks Mortuary in Wood River from 2 to 6 p.m. today, and Sunday from noon to 2 p.m. at Ford and Sons Sprigg Street Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at Ford and Sons. Burial will be in Lindsey Cemetery in McClure, Ill.
Memorial contributions may be made to the American Cancer Society.