- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Jackson's offense carries it to sweep
The Jackson Senior Babe Ruth baseball team scored 28 runs to sweep a doubleheader with SEMO North on Wednesday.
Jackson won the first game 13-2 behind five strong innings from Alex Beussink. He struck out five.
Chris Roth, Bryant Steffens and Bret Steffens each had two hits.
Jackson wrapped up the sweep with a 15-0 win in the second game. B.I. Howard struck out 11 over six innings to earn the win.
Spencer Sander and Bryant Steffens had two hits apiece in the win.
Jackson didn't commit an error in either game.
"The team rebounded and played much better than the doubleheader against New Madrid," Jackson coach Paul Sander said. "The team defense was much better."
Jackson (19-3) returns to action Friday when it hosts Marble Hill.
-- From staff reports