- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Cards place DeRosa on disabled list
ST. LOUIS -- The St. Louis Cardinals are placing newly acquired utilityman Mark DeRosa on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to July 1, because of a strained left wrist.
The Cardinals also announced before Tuesday night's game at Milwaukee that infielder Brian Barden and outfielder Nick Stavinoha are being recalled from Class AAA Memphis. St. Louis is sending infielder Tyler Greene to Memphis.
DeRosa, acquired last month from the Cleveland Indians, was injured during a June 30 game. He got off to a stuttering start with the Cardinals, going 0-for-9 in three games after batting .270 with 13 homers and 50 RBIs with Cleveland.
Barden batted .238 with four home runs and 10 RBIs in 51 games for the Cardinals this season, earning top NL rookie honors in April. Stavinoha batted .234 with one homer and 13 RBIs in 27 games with St. Louis this season.