- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)36
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
McCLURE, Ill. -- Peggy Marie Brown, 66, of McClure died Monday, July 6, 2009, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Friday, Oct. 2, 1942, in Miller City, Ill., daughter of Jesse and Lorene Ford.
Brown attended St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church and donated regularly to the Humane Society.
Survivors include a daughter, Laura Wright of McClure; two brothers, Joe Ford of Sanford, N.C., Henry Ford of Wickliffe, Ky., a sister, Lavera Lowery of Paducah, Ky.; two grandchildren, Devan Lyerla and Taylor Moore of McClure; many nieces, nephews, stepgrandchildren and great-stepgrandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents and three brothers.
The family will receive friends from 3 p.m. to service time Thursday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
A graveside service will be held at 4 p.m. Thursday at Lindsey Cemetery in McClure.
Memorial contributions may be sent to the Peggy Marie Brown family.
Online condolences may be made to the family at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.