- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Dorothy M. Sauer, 87, of Perryville died Sunday, July 5, 2009, at Palms of Pasadena Hospital in St. Petersburg, Fla.
She was born July 31, 1921, at Brewer, Mo., daughter of Hazzard and Hattie Powers Morgan. She married Charles W. Sauer Aug. 24, 1940. He preceded her in death Feb. 14, 1996.
Dorothy was an Avon representative in the Perryville area more than 50 years. She was an avid bingo player and also enjoyed playing cards. She was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church and VFW Auxiliary.
She is survived by a son, Lynn (Karen) Sauer of Gulf Port, Fla.; a grandson, Tim (Jill) Sauer of St. Louis; great-grandchildren, Matt and Jason Sauer of St. Louis; Karen's children, Ben Widhelm and Lizzie Widhelm; and grandchildren, Charlie and James; and a sister, Euline Reed.
She was preceded in death by parents; husband; a grandson, Jeff; and several brothers and sisters.
The family will receive friends from 9 a.m. to service time Saturday in the gathering space at St. Vincent de Paul Church.
A memorial Mass will be held at 10 a.m. Saturday at the church, with the Rev. Milton Ryan officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery.
Memorials in memory of Jeff Sauer to St. Augustine Church Wellston Center, 1705 Kienlen Ave., St. Louis, MO 63133.
Miller Family Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.