- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Joel "Joe" Slinkard, 57, of Oak Ridge passed away Monday, July 6, 2009, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Dec. 29, 1951, in Cape Girardeau, son of Ernest A. and Serrelda "Sally" Pulliam Slinkard.
Joe worked for Mid-West Conveyor in Kansas City, Kan., 10 years, moving back to Oak Ridge in 1993. His health began failing in 1994.
Loving survivors include a son, Jimmy Slinkard, and a daughter, Rachel Slinkard, of Oak Ridge; his parents of Oak Ridge; four brothers, Ernest "Bub" Slinkard and Roger Slinkard of Oak Ridge, David Slinkard of Cape Girardeau, Dennis Slinkard of Daisy; six sisters, Deborah Wolfe, Sis Slinkard and Karen Chamness of Oak Ridge, Lisa Hollowell of Cape Girardeau, Sandra Slinkard of Leopold, Mo., Stacy Slinkard of Jackson; and many nieces and nephews.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Revs. Mark Culberson and Ronnie Brown officiating. Interment will be in Cook Cemetery at Scopus, Mo.
Memorials may be made to the National Kidney Foundation, 10803 Olive Boulevard, Suite 200, St. Louis, MO 63141.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.