- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Amanda Jo Thompson and Brett Wayne Ward were married Dec. 18, 2004, on the Showboat Branson Belle at Branson, Mo. Bob Deeds performed the ceremony.
The bride is the daughter of Lynn and Mary Jo Thompson of Advance. The groom is the son of Jim and Verna Ward of Poteau, Okla.
Maid of honor was Lori Ward of Oklahoma City, Okla., sister of the groom.
Brent Thompson of Advance, brother of the bride, was best man. Ushers were Sara Hoppe of St. Louis and Lala Stone of Bell City, Mo.
Ringbearer was Winston, the bride's basset hound.
Kristin Fehr of St. Louis attended the guest book.
The reception was held at the Settle Inn Resort and Conference Center. Servers were Jessica Nenninger of Jackson and Brooke Phillips of Perkins, Mo.
The rehearsal dinner was a dinner cruise Dec. 17 on the showboat.
Mrs. Ward is a 1999 graduate of Bell City High School, and received a bachelor of science degree in social work from Southeast Missouri State University in 2004.
The groom is a 1998 graduate of Poteau High School, and received a degree in animal science from Oklahoma State University in 2002. He is attending OSU College of Veterinary Medicine in Stillwater.
The couple is residing in Stillwater.