- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)14
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)13
- Juvenile accused of stealing, damaging playground statue (1/9/17)25
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Business notebook: Faithfully Fed aims for more than just food (1/9/17)4
Dexter mayor charged with DWI
DEXTER, Mo. -- Dexter's longtime mayor, Joe Weber, was one of many charged over the holiday weekend with driving while intoxicated on Missouri roadways.
Weber was pulled over in Butler County just after 7 p.m. Saturday while returning home from a Fourth of July gathering.
Tuesday morning Weber called the incident "unfortunate" and said that any adverse effect on local city government is "regrettable."
Weber gave no indication of stepping down as mayor, nor was any statement made by city officials with regard to repercussions stemming from the incident.