- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Dexter mayor charged with DWI
DEXTER, Mo. -- Dexter's longtime mayor, Joe Weber, was one of many charged over the holiday weekend with driving while intoxicated on Missouri roadways.
Weber was pulled over in Butler County just after 7 p.m. Saturday while returning home from a Fourth of July gathering.
Tuesday morning Weber called the incident "unfortunate" and said that any adverse effect on local city government is "regrettable."
Weber gave no indication of stepping down as mayor, nor was any statement made by city officials with regard to repercussions stemming from the incident.