- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Cape Girardeau man injured in Friday night crash
CAMDEN COUNTY, Mo. -- A Cape Girardeau man was injured in a Friday evening crash on Route A.
The Missouri State Highway Patrol reported that Brandon D. Baker, 29, of Fenton, Mo., was exiting Route A and attempted to overcorrect his 2004 Lincoln. That caused the vehicle to exit the left side of the roadway and overturn several times.
Christopher M. Callahan, 31, of Cape Girardeau was a passenger in the vehicle.
Both men were taken to Lake Regional Hospital in Osage Beach, Mo. Callahan was treated for moderate injuries while Baker was treated for serious injuries.
Neither passenger was wearing a seat belt at the time of the accident.