- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Helen Rozelle Sullivan, 71, of Van Buren, Mo., died Sunday, July 5, 2009, at her home.
Ms. Sullivan had resided in Van Buren since August 2008, and was formerly of Taos, N.M.
She held two master's degrees and formerly taught at several universities. She was of the Episcopalian belief and enjoyed needlepoint, reading and watching British sitcoms.
In 1955 she married Clifford Melvin Sullivan.
Survivors include a son, Kenny Sullivan of Van Buren; two daughters, Deanna Sullivan of Van Buren, Sandy Sullivan of Columbus, Ohio; a granddaughter, Whitney Sullivan Crane of Columbus; and many other relatives and friends who mourn her passing.
She was preceded in death by her parents, James Vance and Rozelle Florence Callaham Cathcart, and a son, Lawrence Clifford Sullivan.
A private family ceremony will be held at a later date.
McSpadden Funeral Home in Van Buren is in charge of arrangements.