- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Erma Irene Cox, 91, of Advance was born April 9, 1918, at Ardeola, Mo., daughter of Joseph Lloyd and Mary Blanche Finley King, and passed away July 3, 2009, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
Erma was a homemaker and believed in the Pentecostal faith.
Erma and Luther E. Cox were united in marriage June 12, 1936, at Flint, Mich., and he preceded her in death March 22, 1975.
Survivors include four sons, Eugene Cox of Wappapello, Mo., Dale Cox of Marietta, Ga., J.L. Cox of Fairfield, Ill., and David Cox of Biloxi, Miss.; seven daughters, Nancy Kinder of Sikeston, Mo., Barbara Head of Painton, Mo., Mary Mier of Fairfield, Linda Cox of St. Louis, Donna Lashley of Cape Girardeau, Mildred VanDeven of Leopold, Mo., and Rita Cox of Bell City, Mo.; a brother, Harold King of Cheyona, Ill.; 29 grandchildren; eight stepgrandchildren; and a host of great-grandchildren and great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by three sons, a daughter, two brothers, four sisters and a great-grandchild.
Visitation will be from 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. today at Morgan Funeral Home in Advance, Mo.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with Keith Kinder officiating. Burial will follow at Gravel Hill Cemetery near Bell City.