- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
ADVANCE, Mo. -- JoAnn Tweedy Mayo, 69, of Advance passed away Thursday, July 2, 2009, at her home.
She was born Feb. 21, 1940, at Acorn Ridge, Mo., daughter of Elbert and Mildred Harty Tweedy.
JoAnn had been a secretary for Southeast Coop and H&R Block. She was a member of Advance United Methodist Church. She was a graduate of Southeast Missouri State University.
JoAnn and Bob Mayo were married Jan. 12, 1955, in Mississippi.
Survivors include her husband; two daughters, Debby Westbrook of Advance, Terri West of Bloomfield, Mo.; three grandsons, Travis Westbrook of Bloomfield, Brandon Cooper of Cape Girardeau, Ryan West of Bloomfield; and a brother, Ronnie Tweedy of Bloomfield.
She was preceded in death by her parents, and a brother, Terriel Tweedy.
Visitation will be Sunday from 11 a.m. to service time at Morgan Funeral Home in Advance.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Ray Placher officiating. Burial will be in Morgan Memorial Park in Advance.
In lieu of flowers, please make donations to the Stoddard County Children's Home.