- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Boyd G. Simpkins, 74, of Black Canyon City, Ariz., died Monday, June 29, 2009.
He was born Dec. 13, 1934, in Cape Girardeau, son of the late Mary Kern and Lloyd L. Simpkins. He attended Illmo High School.
Survivors include his wife, the former Mary Jo Brown; two brothers, Jerry Ray (Maureen) Simpkins of Scott City, Terry Lee (Linda) Simpkins of Sahuarita, Ariz.; two sons, Dewayne (Terri) Simpkins of Oak Ridge, Wayne Brown of Mesa, Ariz.; two daughters, Sherri (Joe) Sega of Dryden, N.Y., Traci Brown of Phoenix; four grandchildren, Christy Hathaway, Deanna Peters, Kevin Brown and Cory Brown; four great-grandchildren; and a host of nieces, nephews and cousins.
A celebration of Boyd's life will be held July 11 at the family home.