- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Marguerite S. Wade, 92, of Cape Girardeau, formerly of Gardena, Calif., and Tamms, Ill., died Tuesday, June 30, 2009, at the Lutheran Home.
She was born May 10, 1917, in Keokuk, Iowa, to Charles W. and Emma Kelly Randell. She married William Wade on Oct. 30, 1964.
She was a life member of VFW Auxiliary Post 3838 in Cape Girardeau and a charter member of Gardena Moose Lodge 430. She was a seamstress and did alterations for many people over the years.
Survivors include her husband, William Wade of Cape Girardeau; three daughters, Emma Dell (Charles) Bennett of Tamms, Shirley Jane Hamilton of Bonners Ferry, Idaho, Sammy (Dennis) Thompson of St. Louis; two sons, Perry (Carmela) Hazelwood Jr. of Tamms, Melvin (Joyce) Hazelwood of Fordyce, Ark.; 14 grandchildren; 26 great-grandchildren; and two great-great-grandchildren; a sister, Alice Thomas of Dora, Ala.; numerous nieces, nephews and other relatives.
She was preceded in death by her parents, 10 brothers and three sisters.
Visitation will be from 10 a.m. to service time Friday at Crain Funeral Home in Tamms.
The funeral will be at noon Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Tom Bridges Sr. officiating. Interment will be in St. John's Cemetery.
To leave online condolences, visit www.crainsonline.com.