- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
BIEHLE, Mo. -- Rudy Buchheit, 96, of Biehle died Monday, June 29, 2009, at his home.
He was born July 2, 1912, at Apple Creek, Mo., son of the late Joseph and Theresia Sauer Buchheit. He and Zanaida Zahner were married Sept. 2, 1935. She preceded him in death May 13, 1971. He then married Irma Bohnert Ernst on Dec. 29, 1978. She preceded him in death April 30, 2009.
Survivors include seven daughters, Donna and Paul Hoeckele of Perryville, Karen and John Koeper of Bridgeton, Mo., Jane and Bill Sell of Petaluma, Calif., Peggy and Richard Wince of Kirkland, Ill., Jill and Jim Rathe of Philo, Calif., Cherri Bertrand of Jackson, Kim Anderson of Redwood City, Calif.; four sons: Jerry and JoAnn Buchheit and Kenny and Rhonda Buchheit of Biehle, Dr. Michael and Sue Buchheit of St. Peters, Mo., Jim and Sandi Buchheit of Anna, Ill.
Also a sister, Lorene Kutz of Perryville; 34 grandchildren, Cindy Sandler, Rick Buchheit, Chris Buchheit, Tim Buchheit, Nick Buchheit, Kristi Hahs, Jon Buchheit, Doug Buchheit, Amy McCabe, Jeff Buchheit, Kate Buchheit, Julie Metzger, Patty Wengert, Paul Hoeckele, Joe Hoeckele, Ann Baer, Scott Buchheit, Jason Buchheit, Jeremy Buchheit, Heather Buchheit, Josh Buchheit, Jennifer Buchheit, Lisa Stoecklin, Laurie Klaesner, Angie Reitenbach, Sara Koeper, Alex Sell, Elizabeth Sell, Lauren Sell, Elizabeth Wince, Rachel Wince, Anna Wince, Emily Wade and Andrew Bertrand; 53 great-grandchildren; and 15 great-great-grandchildren.
Mr. Buchheit was a man with many roles in life. He was a devout Catholic, honorable businessman, community leader, faithful friend and above all a dedicated family man.
He was the founder of Buchheit's Stores and a member of St. Maurus Catholic Church in Biehle.
He was preceded in death by his parents; two wives; an infant son, Neal Buchheit; four brothers, Barney, Albert, Walter and Otto Buchheit; two sisters, Helen Schott Welker and Louise Buchheit; two infant grandchildren, John Hoeckele and Dominique Wince; and a great-grandchild, Nicholl Buchheit.
Memorials are preferred to St. Maurus Church Building Fund, Southeast Hospice or Missionary of Charity.
Friends may call from 3 to 9 p.m. today at St. Maurus Church Hall and from 6:30 to 10 a.m. Thursday at St. Maurus Church. A parish wake will be held at 7 tonight, followed by an all-night adoration vigil. Private visitation will be held from 10 to 10:30 a.m. Thursday.
Mass will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday at the church, with the Rev. Tony Dattilo officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery.
Young and Sons Funeral Home in Perryville is in charge of arrangements.