- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)4
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Laura M. Unterreiner, 97, of Rolla, Mo., formerly of Perryville, died Monday, June 29, 2009, at Heritage Park Nursing Home in Rolla.
She was born April 17, 1912, at Old Appleton, daughter of Joseph and Helen Ponder Schnurbusch. She and Rudolph Unterreiner were married Aug. 25, 1936, at Apple Creek, Mo. He preceded her in death.
Mrs. Unterreiner was a housekeeper in the Perryville area. She loved to quilt and crochet. She was a member of St. Joseph Catholic Church at Apple Creek.
Survivors include two daughters, Ethel Scovell of Rolla, Ruth Rellergert of Bonne Terre, Mo.; two sons, Allen Unterreiner of Arnold, Mo., Gary Unterreiner of Uniontown, Mo.; two brothers, Ruben "Rip" Schnurbusch of Old Appleton, Bill Schnurbusch of St. Louis; two sisters, Bertha Unterreiner of Cape Girardeau, Betty Rellergert of St. Louis; eight grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband, parents and seven brothers.
Visitation will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday and 6:30 to 9:30 a.m. Friday at Miller Family Funeral Home in Perryville. Parish prayers will be at 7 p.m. Thursday. The rosary will be recited at 9 a.m. Friday at the funeral home.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Friday at St. Joseph Church in Apple Creek, with the Rev. Tony Dattilo officiating. Burial will be in St. Michael's Cemetery at Apple Creek.