- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Walter "Walt" Kluesner, 71, of Chaffee died Saturday, June 27, 2009, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Jan. 30, 1938, in Chaffee, son of Frank Bernard and Monica Mary Reischman Kluesner.
Kluesner was a retired maintenance man for the Little River Drainage District in Cape Girardeau. He was a member of St. Ambrose Catholic Church in Chaffee, the St. Ambrose Men's Club and the Chaffee Elks Lodge No. 1810.
Survivors include three brothers, Joe and A.J. Kluesner of Cape Girardeau and Buster Kluesner of Kelso, Mo., and five sisters, Frances Scheeter and Florence Brucker of New Hamburg, Mo., Wilhelmina "Willie" Schetter of Chaffee, Clairene Priest of Cape Girardeau and Diane Lovell of Anna, Ill.
He was preceded in death by five brothers, a sister and his parents.
Friends may call at 5 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee. Parish prayers will be at 7 p.m., with an Elks service at 7:45 p.m.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at St. Ambrose Catholic Church. The Rev. Ralph Duffner will officiate, with burial in St. Ambrose Catholic Cemetery in Chaffee. In lieu of flowers, send donations to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in honor of Kluesner's love of children.