- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- Cape man accused of secretly recording women, posting to porn site (11/22/17)
- Thankful People: Kirsten Strebe recovers from traumatic car accident, brain injury (11/23/17)
- Cape attorney Brandon Cooper to run for judge (11/20/17)2
- Thankful People: Moore family counts its blessing after harrowing accident (11/23/17)
- Cape native co-directs Thanksgiving-related indie film, 'Drinksgiving' (11/17/17)
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- Deal Finder brings 'unique' shopping to Cape Girardeau (11/24/17)
- The Tungsten Groove to release first album featuring original songs (11/17/17)
- 1 dead, 3 hurt in accident on Highway 72 (11/19/17)
Pigroast-- SEMO State University Vetcorp
Good afternoon all!
I was reading about the pigroast that is taking place and I it brings back memories, when going to SEMO State and being a member of the SEMO Vetcorp, and having a pigroast of our own... I wasn't much of a beer drinker, but we had kegs of beer then to drink with roasted pig, when it got done. But I just wanted people to know that I really enjoyed this event and the company of other Vets. I just wish times were as they were then...not so anymore. Too much legislation on what we citizens can and cannot do anymore...seems like the local governments just make up things that were never announced... I guess "Big Brother" is here! Thanks for the memories here. It was a fun deal for me at the pigroast on the Mississippi.