- Business notebook: Cape salon picked as one of nation's top 200 (4/17/17)
- Man out on bond for alleged molestation of boys charged with abusing girl (4/18/17)
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)9
- New policy for semissourian.com online commentary: No pseudonyms (4/17/17)57
- Without city record, Marie Street residents on hook for thousands in sewer repairs (4/19/17)7
- Going the distance: Several locals participate in Boston Marathon (4/18/17)2
- City wants to put hold on shipping container houses for now (4/17/17)1
- Deputy: Man kicked, broke uncle's ribs after yard-work dispute (4/19/17)
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)4
- Scott County: M Kay Supply in Benton fills unique needs in community (4/14/17)
Pigroast-- SEMO State University Vetcorp
Good afternoon all!
I was reading about the pigroast that is taking place and I it brings back memories, when going to SEMO State and being a member of the SEMO Vetcorp, and having a pigroast of our own... I wasn't much of a beer drinker, but we had kegs of beer then to drink with roasted pig, when it got done. But I just wanted people to know that I really enjoyed this event and the company of other Vets. I just wish times were as they were then...not so anymore. Too much legislation on what we citizens can and cannot do anymore...seems like the local governments just make up things that were never announced... I guess "Big Brother" is here! Thanks for the memories here. It was a fun deal for me at the pigroast on the Mississippi.