- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Iva Jewel Lynn, 85, of Chaffee died Saturday, June 27, 2009, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Feb. 24, 1924, at Mount Pleasant, Texas, daughter of True and Ather Deatherage Whorton. She and Audrey James "Smokey" Lynn were married May 22, 1943, and he preceded her in death Feb. 23, 1992.
Lynn was a retired piece worker who worked at Florsheim Shoe Co. in Chaffee. She was a member of First Baptist Church in Delta.
Survivors include two sons, Forrest "Red" Lynn and Steve Lynn, both of Chaffee; two daughters, Bonnie Brown of Morehouse, Mo., and Kay Yant of Sikeston, Mo.; 11 grandchildren; and 17 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, her husband, a son, five brothers, a sister and two grandsons.
Friends may call at 5 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Ron Shrum officiating. Burial will be at Forest Hills Memorial Garden near Morley, Mo.