- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
PATTON, Mo. -- Ethel Maudalene Cecil, 105, of Patton passed away Friday, June 26, 2009, at the Lutheran Home in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Nov. 10, 1903, in Pekin, Ill., daughter of Milton Vivian and Margaret Bell Gentry Willis. She and John Cecil were married Nov. 24, 1935. He died in 1971.
Mrs. Cecil was a homemaker and a member of the Post Oak Methodist Church.
Survivors include a son, Harlan Parnell of Chaffee, Mo.; a daughter, Marjorie Ferguson of Washington, Mo.; a sister, Vivian Marrison of Granite City, Ill.; four grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
Preceding her in death were her parents; a daughter, Virginia Sheeler; four brothers; and four sisters.
Visitation will be from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. today at Liley Funeral Home in Patton.
Funeral services will be at 1 p.m. today at the funeral home chapel, with the Rev. Terry Douglas officiating. Burial will be in Post Oak Cemetery near Patton.