- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Summer baseball roundup 6/28
Ford & Sons falls to undefeated Festus
The Ford & Sons Cape Girardeau Post 63 American Legion baseball team collected seven hits but couldn't push across a run in its championship bracket game Saturday at the Polk Brooks Classic in Paducah, Ky.
Undefeated Festus came away with the 7-0 victory.
Austin Greer and Skylar Cobb both went 2-for-4 in the loss.
Josh Meyer went 4 1/3 innings, allowing three runs, two earned, to take the loss.
Post 63 (17-9) returns to district action Tuesday at Jackson.
Jackson Senior Babe Ruth still perfect
The Jackson Senior Babe Ruth baseball team improved to 14-0 by sweeping a doubleheader Saturday at Marble Hill.
Scores were 20-1 in five innings and 12-1 in seven innings.
Jackson had 20 hits in the opener, led by Andrew Minson and Garrett Fritsche with three apiece. Chris Roth, Spencer Sander, Ryan Bass, Bret Steffens, Alex Beussink and B.I. Howard all added two hits.
Roth pitched a four-hitter for the victory.
Bryant Steffens pitched 5 1/3 innings for the win in the second game. Fritsche earned a save.
Jackson Junior Legion sweeps pair
John Bohnsack delivered on the mound and at the plate in the Jackson Junior American Legion baseball team's 13-4 win over Calvert City, Ky., in the first game of a doubleheader Saturday.
Bohnsack went four innings to earn the win on the mound and collected a pair of hits at the plate.
Jackson (25-2) completed the sweep with a 4-1 win in the second game. Austin Fowler earned the win.
-- From staff reports