- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Summer baseball roundup 6/27
Jackson Babe Ruth sweeps pair
The Jackson Senior Babe Ruth baseball team swept Woodland by identical scores of 12-1 in a doubleheader Friday.
Jackson collected 14 hits on its way to victory in the opener. Garrett Fritsche smacked five hits, while Chris Roth and Ryan Bass each had two.
Andrew Minson picked up the win on the mound.
Jackson had 15 hits in the second game, led by homers from Fritsche and Bass. Fritsche, Bass, Spencer Sander, Bryant Steffens, Austin Mueller and Chad Kiefer all had two hits in the win.
Mueller earned the win on the mound.
Jackson (12-0) returns to action today at Marble Hill.
Ford & Sons splits at tournament
The Ford & Sons Post 63 Cape Girardeau American Legion baseball team knocked off a district foe in the opener before dropping its second game at the Polk Brooks Classic in Paducah, Ky., on Friday.
Post 63 beat Dunklin County 8-7 on Dustin Crowden's three-run walk-off home run. Austin Greer added two hits and knocked in a run.
Jamie Pickel tossed a complete game to pick up the win.
Post 63 wrapped up pool play with a 10-5 loss to Columbia, Tenn. Josh Henson took the loss on the mound.
Ethan Lee tripled for Post 63 (17-8).
-- From staff reports