- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Area digest 6/27
Bell City places two on all-conference list
Bell City's Josh Overbey and Melvin Johnson both were named to the SCAA all-conference baseball team.
Woodland's Neil Johnson and Advance's Jacob Bond also made the team.
SCAA all-conference team -- Jake Welch, Bernie; John Smith, Puxico; Melvin Johnson, Bell City; Neil Johnson, Woodland; Quinton Stevens, Bernie; Jacob McNeil, Bloomfield; Jake Owens, Bernie; Jacob Bond, Advance; Travis Stuart, Puxico; Josh Overbey, Bell City.
Long captures medalist honors
Vickie Long took home medalist honors at the Kimbeland Ladies weekly golf outing.
Barb Johnson and Sissy Donahue tied atop the championship flight, while Karen Heisel won A flight, Dorothy Holland took first in B flight and Shelia George won C flight.
Pars not enough for Obergoenner
Central graduate Todd Obergoenner saw his run at the Missouri Amateur Championship golf tournament at St. Joseph Country Club come to an end Friday.
Obergoenner made 17 straight pars, but he lost to Jason Schulte of Mission Hills, Kan., 2-and-1.
Obergoenner wrapped up his college career last month at Southern Illinois University Carbondale.
Underwood, Logel lead qualifiers
Jody Underwood and Steve Logel both shot 72s to lead the way at the Cape Girardeau Country Club's horse race qualifier.
Other qualifiers were: Tim Kelley (74), Garrett Williams (75), Tom Hamilton (75), Ron Seabaugh (75), Larry McKinney (76), Forrest Kidd (77), Ben Cantrell (77) and Jim Burnett (78).
-- From staff reports