- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)32
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Michael Jackson memorabilia sells in Las Vegas for $205,000
LAS VEGAS -- Twenty-one pieces of Michael Jackson memorabilia have sold for a total of $205,000 at an auction held in Las Vegas just a day after his death.
A crystal beaded shirt worn by the performer during his 1984 Victory tour was the top-selling item in the collection, at $52,500. Prices include a 25 percent auction commission.
Other items sold include a drawing of Mickey Mouse done by Jackson as a child and handwritten lyrics for his 1987 hit "Bad."
Auctioneer Darren Julien says the Jackson items are from a collection owned by David Gest, the producer and promoter once married to Liza Minnelli. Jackson introduced the couple and was best man at their wedding.
On the Net
* Julien's Auctions: www.juliensauctions.com