- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Long - 63 years
Dr. and Mrs. John Long of Cape Girardeau celebrated their 63rd wedding anniversary May 31, 2009.
Long and Alice Jeanne Hyde were married May 31, 1946, in Ferguson, Mo., by the Rev. Bill Myer.
Their attendants were Janet Hyde, sister of the bride, and Raymond Long, brother of the groom.
The Longs have two daughters, Margaret Farrow of Cape Girardeau and Judith Stamp of Charleston, S.C. They have two grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.