- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Ford & Sons opens tourney with win
The Ford & Sons Cape Girardeau Post 63 American Legion baseball team won its opener, 13-5 over Carrier Mills, Ill., at the Polk Brooks Classic in Paducah, Ky.
Andrew Williams, who just completed his sophomore year at Central, tossed a complete game for Post 63. He allowed three runs, two earned, and eight hits.
Austin Greer, a recent Notre Dame Regional High School graduate, powered Post 63 to victory. He belted a double and a homer while driving in five runs.
Skylar Cobb, who plays at Scott City, and Dustin Crowden, who plays at Kelly, each collected two hits.
Post 63 (16-7) returns to action today with two pool-play games.
-- From staff reports