- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Hester Elizabeth McElmurry, 93, of Scott City died Thursday, June 25, 2009, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
She was born to Ernest Jessie and Alma Hillemann Ross on Jan. 3, 1916. Hester and Cecil Andrew were married Dec. 24, 1935, in Scott City. Cecil died Dec. 9, 1988.
McElmurry was a member of Eisleben Lutheran Church and its Ladies Aid.
She is survived by a son, Don (Carole) McElmurry of Scott City; a daughter, Judy (Nick) Leist of Jackson; five granddaughters, Julie (Steve) Millington of Sikeston, Mo., Karen (Troy) Slinkard of The Woodlands, Texas, Susan Thomas of Jefferson City, Mo., Melissa (Keith) Gailey of Wexford, Pa., Terri Leist of Jackson; six great-grandchildren, Jennifer and Craig Millington, Morgan and Riley Thomas, Nicholas and Joshua Gailey.
She was preceded in death by a brother, Elmer Ross.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. Saturday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City and from 11:30 a.m. to service time Sunday at Eisleben Lutheran Church.
The service will be at 1 p.m. Sunday at the church. Burial will be in Eisleben Cemetery.
Memorials may be made to Lutheran Family and Children's Services, 3178 Blattner Drive, Cape Girardeau, MO, 63703, or Eisleben Church Building Fund, 432 Lutheran Lane, Scott City, MO, 63780.