- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Mary Elizabeth Caldwell Young, 93, of Cape Girardeau died Thursday, June, 25, 2009, at Chateau Girardeau.
She was born Feb. 2, 1916, in Commerce, Mo., daughter of Guy Joseph and Jane Evelyn "Jennie" Clymer Caldwell. She and James Edward Young were married Nov. 22, 1937. He passed away March 31, 2007.
Mrs. Young was a 1934 graduate of Benton High School and attended Will Mayfield College in Marble Hill, Mo. She was a long-time Sunday school teacher and youth leader at Maple Avenue United Methodist Church and a charter member of La Croix United Methodist Church. She was a member of Nancy Hunter Chapter of Daughters of the American Revolution.
Survivors include three daughters, Evelyn Boardman (Dan) Wiethop, Charlotte E. (William E.) Slinkard and Karen Ruth (Don) Lang, all of Cape Girardeau; five grandchildren, Lynn M. Fitzsimmons and Kerry A. Lang of Cape Girardeau, Eric J. Wisner of Atlanta, Ga., William R. "Randy" Slinkard of Nashville, Tenn., Anne E. Lang of Bloomington, Ill.; seven great-grandchildren; five great-great-grandchildren; a brother, Davis Caldwell of Kissimmee, Fla.; three sisters, Geneva E. Cochran of Advance, Mo., Gloria Deane Denton of Thebes, Ill., and Loretta E. Davis of Indianapolis.
She was preceded in death by a son, Donald R. Young; her parents, two brothers and a sister.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The service will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Ron Watts officiating. Interment will be in Cape County Memorial Park.
Memorial suggestions include Southeast Hospice, La Croix Church Building Fund and Chateau Foundation Memory Care Fund.