- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Sikeston police respond to shooting, gun theft
SIKESTON, Mo. - The shooting of a Sikeston resident is under investigation by the Sikeston Department of Public Safety.
Deshante Nabors, 18, told officers he was walking in the 800 block of Agnes around 2 p.m. Wednesday when he heard two small pops, then felt a pain in his right shoulder. Nabors went to a relative's house where he contacted the police and reported the incident.
Nabors could provide no further details and a check of the area by officers revealed no other witnesses. He was taken by ambulance to Missouri Delta Medical Center, where is listed in good condition.
While investigating the incident, DPS received a call from Bo's Pawn Shop at 2:25 p.m. Officers were advised a pistol was stolen while a clerk was showing it to a customer.
According to the clerk two men came in inquiring about a gun and while showing them the pistol, one inquired about another gun behind the clerk. When the clerk turned to get it for them, one suspect grabbed the pistol and ran out the front door followed by the second suspect.
A description of two suspects was given out and officers responding to the area located the suspects in the area of Lake and Moore streets. Following a short foot pursuit both suspects were captured.
After a short search where the suspects had been officers located the pistol. The suspects, who were juveniles, were turned over to Scott County juvenile authorities.