- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)17
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
SEMO names new director for university foundation
Southeast Missouri State University named William Holland as vice president of university advancement and executive director of the university foundation Wednesday.
The appointment is effective July 15.
Holland has been the director of corporate relations and associate director of development at the College of Business for four years. He led outreach efforts to corporations and Southeast alumni in the St. Louis area. Holland developed a forum series in which corporate leaders visited the College of Business to discuss industry trends.
Holland was selected from a pool of 58 applicants from throughout the country. Three finalists came to Southeast for interviews.
Holland will work with the board of directors of the university foundation and will be responsible for the university's marketing, fundraising and alumni services. The foundation manages funds raised from private sources.
The position is currently held by Dr. Gerald McDougall, dean of the College of Business. McDougall has served as interim vice president of university advancement since Wayne Smith left the position in the fall to become vice president of development and administrative services at Saint Francis Medical Center.
One University Plaza, Cape Girardeau, MO