- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)44
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Alice P. Brinkley, 70, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, June 22, 2009, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
She was born Nov. 19, 1938, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of the late Lynn E. and Anna Marie Wilhelm Crafton.
Alice was a 1954 graduate of Notre Dame High School. She was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church and Elks Ladies.
She first married Larry Schlegel and later married Thomas Brinkley.
Alice was office manager for Dr. Glenn Tygett and later for Dr. Charles McGinty and Dr. Jean Chapman.
Survivors include a son, Jon J. (Sally) Schlegel of Santa Clarita, Calif.; two daughters, Angie L. Brinkley of Columbia, Mo., Nicole M. (Phillip Way) Greable of Poplar Bluff, Mo.; a sister, Lynn (Charlie) Westrich of Cape Girardeau; and eight grandchildren.
A memorial service will be held at 8:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Vincent de Paul Church, with the Rev. David Hulshof officiating.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Memorial contributions may be sent to the family.
Online condolences may be made to the family at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.