- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)4
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)12
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)21
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- Gender-neutral restrooms now available at Southeast (8/18/16)38
Alice P. Brinkley, 70, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, June 22, 2009, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
She was born Nov. 19, 1938, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of the late Lynn E. and Anna Marie Wilhelm Crafton.
Alice was a 1954 graduate of Notre Dame High School. She was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church and Elks Ladies.
She first married Larry Schlegel and later married Thomas Brinkley.
Alice was office manager for Dr. Glenn Tygett and later for Dr. Charles McGinty and Dr. Jean Chapman.
Survivors include a son, Jon J. (Sally) Schlegel of Santa Clarita, Calif.; two daughters, Angie L. Brinkley of Columbia, Mo., Nicole M. (Phillip Way) Greable of Poplar Bluff, Mo.; a sister, Lynn (Charlie) Westrich of Cape Girardeau; and eight grandchildren.
A memorial service will be held at 8:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Vincent de Paul Church, with the Rev. David Hulshof officiating.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Memorial contributions may be sent to the family.
Online condolences may be made to the family at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.