- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Cape downtown golf tournament planned for Sunday
Downtown Cape Girardeau and the River Campus will fill with golf enthusiasts Sunday for the First-Ever Fourth Annual Louis J. Lorimier Memorial World-Famous Downtown Golf Tournament.
Two courses, one from Water Street north to Lorimier Street, the other on the River Campus lawn, will be played. The event benefits the Red House Interpretative Center
John Breaker, creator of the Birdie Ball. the special ball used in the tournament, is attending the event this year. He will demonstrate how to use his invention before tee-off at 1:30 p.m. at the Red House. When the competition ends, participants are invited to hop on a shuttle that will take them to an all-you-can-eat catfish buffet hosted by Port Cape on the lawn of the Common Pleas Courthouse.
Registration starts at the courthouse at 12:30 p.m. Participants can preregister with forms obtained from the Cape Girardeau Convention and Visitors Bureau.