- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Thankful people: Marble Hill woman been through much and remains thankful (11/24/16)
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)5
- Light Christmas: Thousands gather to view Parade of Lights (11/28/16)5
Speak Out 6/25/09
WE don't have a health-care gap in the U.S. We have a chasm. However, without a public option, health-care reform will be worthless.
I agree with the person complaining about the the motorcycles that passed them and roared off. We are motorcyclists. The other day we were passed on the right side by a motorcycle because the rider was impatient. Don't paint all motorcyclists with the same brush. Some of us are careful with how we drive, and then there are others who do that type of stuff.
TV is so messed up nobody can watch it. Even the commercials are X-rated.
THE hate crimes bill has been passed by the House. I've been advised that in it is a provision that gives some czar the right to decide who ought to be put on a terrorist list and what to do with them. Already Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano's office has indicated that some who are in disagreement with the power base of this administration will be put on the list of potential terrorists and will be watched. Even our troops returning from conflict will be suspect. Should this not be of concern to all of us?
I know you have to be in constant contact with your children, your wife, your husband, your mother, your boyfriend, your girlfriend, but texting at dinner while you're out with someone or in a meeting is just plain rude.
I find it hard to believe that I'm the only person in Cape Girardeau who cannot receive the KFVS12 signal since the big switchover. I've rearranged my living room, put my antenna by an open window, bought a brand-new amplified antenna, and I'm still not able to get a signal. Is this is the best our government has for us?
Talking at concert
I attended the Cape Girardeau Municipal Band concert June 17. There were two women who talked during the entire concert. That was rude and disruptive to the people wanting to hear the remarks about the music pieces and hear the music. If you want to talk, I would recommend you go to a restaurant or go to each other's homes to visit.
THERE was an article in the paper recently which said Social Security retirees got the largest cost-of-living raise this year at 5.8 percent. What the article didn't say was Part D monthly premiums increased and the supplemental to Medicare increased $10 a month. Also, when I went to get my prescription filled, each one is $5 higher.