- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- 'Santa' suspect Moffat sentenced to 12 years for sexual abuse of girl (8/23/16)2
- New CEO named at Wood & Huston Bank (8/21/16)
- Schnucks bans solicitors, including organizations like Salvation Army (8/24/16)38
- Police: Woman beat another woman with a bat over a pair of shoes (8/21/16)2
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Carl Edward "Butch" Myers, 70, of Marble Hill died Monday, June 22, 2009, at his home.
He was born May 11, 1939, in Grassy, Mo., son of Marvin and Lula Myrtle Brown Myers. He and Movelda Pleasene Fennell were married June 12, 1964, in St. Louis.
Myers was a civil engineer with the Corps of Engineers several years. He attended First Assembly of God Church in Marble Hill.
Survivors include two stepsons, Douglas F. Williams of Lufkin, Texas, Lloyd M. Williams of New Orleans; four brothers, Wilburn Myers of Blanket, Texas, Lonnie and Terry Myers of Marble Hill, Robert Myers of Whitewater; a sister, Edna Brawley of Marble Hill; 10 stepgrandchildren; and 14 great-stepgrandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a stepdaughter, four brothers and two sisters.
Visitation will be from 8:30 a.m. to service time Saturday at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Ellston Chapman officiating.
Burial will be Monday in Springs Chapel Cemetery in Hugo, Okla.