- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Jerry Wayne Jerls, 61, of Scott City died Saturday, June 20, 2009, at his home.
Jerls was born May 7, 1948, in Chicago, son of Rufus Jerls and Helen Disher Jerls. He and Kay Brown Jerls were married March 13, 1991, in Jefferson City, Mo.
Jerls was an auto body repairman for Autry Morgan of Dexter, Mo.
Survivors include his wife; three sons, John Jerls and Rocky Jerls of Scott City, Jim Jerls of Cape Girardeau; two stepsons, James Jones of Whitewater, Mo., Ronnie Slinkard of Jackson; a daughter, Jennifer Jerls of Scott City; a brother, Bobby Jerls of Dawsonville, Ga.; and three granchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents; two sons, Scott and Kenny Jerls; and two sisters.
Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Tuesday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City.
The funeral will be at 6 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral chapel, with the Rev. Joe Hudson officiating.