- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)17
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
Jerry Wayne Jerls, 61, of Scott City died Saturday, June 20, 2009, at his home.
Jerls was born May 7, 1948, in Chicago, son of Rufus Jerls and Helen Disher Jerls. He and Kay Brown Jerls were married March 13, 1991, in Jefferson City, Mo.
Jerls was an auto body repairman for Autry Morgan of Dexter, Mo.
Survivors include his wife; three sons, John Jerls and Rocky Jerls of Scott City, Jim Jerls of Cape Girardeau; two stepsons, James Jones of Whitewater, Mo., Ronnie Slinkard of Jackson; a daughter, Jennifer Jerls of Scott City; a brother, Bobby Jerls of Dawsonville, Ga.; and three granchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents; two sons, Scott and Kenny Jerls; and two sisters.
Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Tuesday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City.
The funeral will be at 6 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral chapel, with the Rev. Joe Hudson officiating.