- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Kenneth Ray Shirrell, 72, of Jackson was born July 2, 1936, in Bollinger County, Mo., son of Delbert and Pauline Bain Shirrell, and passed away June 19, 2009, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
Kenneth was a retired charter airline pilot. He was a veteran of the U.S. Air Force.
Survivors include a son, Kenneth Ray Shirrell Jr. of Baldwin, Mo.; a daughter, Candace Ryan of St. Louis; two sisters, Joy White of Advance, Mo., and Patsy Slocum of Waco, Texas; and a grandchild.
He was preceded in death by a brother, a sister and his parents.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Monday at Morgan Funeral Home in Advance.
The funeral service will be at 11:45 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Ed Shirrell officiating. Burial will be in the Missouri State Veterans Cemetery in Bloomfield, Mo.