- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Police report 6/21/09
The Cape Girardeau Police Department released the following items. Arrests do not imply guilt.
* Jerry Talley, 28, of Cape Girardeau was arrested on a Jefferson County, Mo., warrant for failure to pay child support.
* Jeremiah D. Smith, 827 Jefferson Ave., was arrested on a St. Francois County warrant for family offense and assault.
* A subject is in custody pending charges for impersonation, possession of a controlled substance and a fraudulent attempt to obtain a controlled substance.
* CDs were reported stolen at 724 Broadway.
* A theft was reported at 1448 N. Kingshighway.
* A Missouri license plate was reported stolen at 646 Penny Ave.
* Rhodes 101, 1126 N. Sprigg St., reported the theft of gasoline.
* Medication was reported stolen at 805 N. Spanish St.
* A burglary was reported at 1207 N. Spanish St.
* Unlawful use of a weapon was reported.
* Two people were taken into protective custody.
The Jackson Police Department released the following items. Arrests do not imply guilt.
* Michelle L. Garrett, 20, 119 Cornus Lane, received a summons for possession of alcohol by a minor and failure to register a motor vehicle.
* Kelli J. Joy, 25, 321 E. Washington St., received a summons for speeding and operating a motor vehicle without a valid driver's license.
* Jordan L. Russell, 18, 770 Aspen Drive, received a summons for failure to maintain insurance.
* Lacey N. Nicholas, 20, 630 Broadridge Drive, Apt. F2, received a summons for failure to register a motor vehicle.
* David S. Rains, 19, 217 S. Bast St., was arrested on suspicion of possession of marijuana under 35 grams.
* An assault was reported in the 500 block of East Adams Street.
* A domestic disturbance was reported in the 1900 block of Watson Drive.
* A peace disturbance was reported in the area of Kimbel Lane.