- Compliance check results in underage citations at four Cape bars (7/19/17)1
- Isle Casino to host wide-ranging career fair Wednesday (7/16/17)
- Buffalo Wild Wings to hold fundraiser Wednesday for ailing Cape officer (7/19/17)1
- 49-year-old homicide victim found in Cape (7/20/17)
- Sikeston detective's files about murder suspect missing from DPS (7/18/17)1
- Witnesses make claims of officer corruption in Box/Robinson case (7/17/17)1
- Cape city, civic leaders unveil downtown trolley service (7/14/17)6
- Park official: 5-year-old girl nearly drowns at Cape Splash, taken to hospital (7/12/17)4
- Business notebook: Jackson boutique has regional roots in retail (7/17/17)
1 dead after gunmen open fire in New Mexico Denny's restaurant
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. -- Police in Albuquerque said a restaurant employee was killed after several armed suspects attempted a takeover-style robbery at a packed Denny's Restaurant.
Police spokeswoman Officer Nadine Hamby says "multiple" armed suspects rushed the northwest Albuquerque restaurant at about 9:30 a.m. Saturday. As many as 100 people were inside.
A female restaurant employee was shot and killed.
Two people were detained, but Hamby said it was unclear if they are robbery suspects. A police tactical team surrounded a northwest Albuquerque home where other possible suspects were believed to have fled.
Hamby said detectives have more than 60 witnesses to interview, and not all saw the same thing. Witnesses reported seeing from two to six suspects.