- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)4
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
1 dead after gunmen open fire in New Mexico Denny's restaurant
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. -- Police in Albuquerque said a restaurant employee was killed after several armed suspects attempted a takeover-style robbery at a packed Denny's Restaurant.
Police spokeswoman Officer Nadine Hamby says "multiple" armed suspects rushed the northwest Albuquerque restaurant at about 9:30 a.m. Saturday. As many as 100 people were inside.
A female restaurant employee was shot and killed.
Two people were detained, but Hamby said it was unclear if they are robbery suspects. A police tactical team surrounded a northwest Albuquerque home where other possible suspects were believed to have fled.
Hamby said detectives have more than 60 witnesses to interview, and not all saw the same thing. Witnesses reported seeing from two to six suspects.