- Fatal-shooting victim ID'd; uncle said he tried to break up fight (9/29/16)29
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Perryville High principal on leave; no reason given (9/28/16)9
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Animal-rescue group receives grant from rock star for spay, neuter assistance (9/28/16)1
- Monia pleads guilty to 9 counts of financial exploitation of elderly; dealings with murderer Joseph clarified (9/28/16)11
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)6
1 dead after gunmen open fire in New Mexico Denny's restaurant
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. -- Police in Albuquerque said a restaurant employee was killed after several armed suspects attempted a takeover-style robbery at a packed Denny's Restaurant.
Police spokeswoman Officer Nadine Hamby says "multiple" armed suspects rushed the northwest Albuquerque restaurant at about 9:30 a.m. Saturday. As many as 100 people were inside.
A female restaurant employee was shot and killed.
Two people were detained, but Hamby said it was unclear if they are robbery suspects. A police tactical team surrounded a northwest Albuquerque home where other possible suspects were believed to have fled.
Hamby said detectives have more than 60 witnesses to interview, and not all saw the same thing. Witnesses reported seeing from two to six suspects.