- Say Cheese: The story behind the famous sandwiches at the East Perry Fair (9/22/17)
- Anne Limbaugh dies, leaves legacy of caring (9/22/17)
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Former football players provide leadership training at middle school (9/24/17)
- New businesses popping up all over Cape Girardeau (9/24/17)1
- Cape Girardeau native Jessica Johnston to compete as castaway on 'Survivor' season 35 (9/24/17)
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- Former major-league slugger Darryl Strawberry to speak at La Croix (9/20/17)
- Scott City officials, others oppose plan for railroad-tie treatment plant (9/25/17)5
- Young entrepreneurs add fresh ideas, unique offerings for area market (9/18/17)
1 dead after gunmen open fire in New Mexico Denny's restaurant
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. -- Police in Albuquerque said a restaurant employee was killed after several armed suspects attempted a takeover-style robbery at a packed Denny's Restaurant.
Police spokeswoman Officer Nadine Hamby says "multiple" armed suspects rushed the northwest Albuquerque restaurant at about 9:30 a.m. Saturday. As many as 100 people were inside.
A female restaurant employee was shot and killed.
Two people were detained, but Hamby said it was unclear if they are robbery suspects. A police tactical team surrounded a northwest Albuquerque home where other possible suspects were believed to have fled.
Hamby said detectives have more than 60 witnesses to interview, and not all saw the same thing. Witnesses reported seeing from two to six suspects.