- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Beggs - 50 Years
William J. and Shirley Beggs of Cape Girardeau celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary with a dinner and reception June 20, 2009.
Hosts were their children and grandchildren.
The couple was married June 20, 1959, at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Jackson.
The Beggses have four children, William W. (Diana) of Benton, Mo., Rebecca (J) of Ruston, La., Bruce (Karen) of Kelso, Mo., and Bradley (Ellen) of St. Louis.
They have 10 grandchildren, Jessica Moore and William G. Beggs of St. Louis, Nathan, Nicholas and Nolan Bennett of Ruston, Joseph, Allison and Paul Beggs of Kelso, and Luke and Lydia Beggs of St. Louis.