- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Proffer - Beattie
Stephanie Leigh Proffer and Michael Andrew Beattie were united in marriage June 13, 2009, at the home of the bride's mother and stepfather. The Rev. Susan Wilkerson performed the ceremony. Music was provided by the father of the groom.
The bride is the daughter of Steven Proffer of Millersville and Jackie and Tyson Norman of Oak Ridge. The groom is the son of Tom and Lisa Beattie of Jackson and Laura Beattie of Scott City.
Matron of honor was Eve Scott and maid of honor was Shelly Proffer, sisters of the bride.
Dustin Woods was best man. Groomsmen were Matt and Lucas Coffey, stepbrothers of the groom.
The reception was held immediately after the ceremony.
Mrs. Beattie is a 2002 graduate of Jackson High School. She is pursuing a bachelor's degree in family and consumer science education from Southeast Missouri State University. She is a second assistant manager with Casey's General Stores.
Beattie received a GED. He is a computer repair technician with Velocity Electronics in Cape Girardeau.
The couple is residing in Jackson.