- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Helen V. Steinborn, 96, of Cape Girardeau passed away Thursday, June 18, 2009, at Fountainbleau Lodge.
She was born Aug. 6, 1912, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Andy and Helen Hauptmann Wildes. She and Robert F. Steinborn were married in 1929 in Piggott, Ark. He died Nov. 22, 1998.
Helen was a homemaker and gardener.
She is survived by a daughter, Patricia (Roy) Littlefield of Cape Girardeau.
She was preceded in death by a brother.
Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to service time Monday at Lorberg Memorial Funeral Chapel.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at the chapel, with Stan Hargis officiating. Burial will be in St. Mary's Cemetery.