- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Four in Dexter charged with stealing checks
DEXTER, Mo. -- Dexter police arrested four local residents this week after an investigation of a home burglary at 1101 N. Sassafras St.
Stolen from the home was a book of checks, along with tools and lawn-mowing equipment from a shed at the residence, according to police.
It was discovered that two of the checks taken from the Sassafras Street address were used at the local Wal-Mart Super Center for the purchase of television sets.
After reviewing video from the store, police were able to identify and arrest Justin L. Swan, 27, April L. Hornback, 30, Steven L. Hovis, 33, and 27-year-old Ashley N. Garamella.
Warrants were issued on Wednesday for each. Swan has been charged with stealing, burglary and forgery. His bond was set at $5,000.
Hornback faces charges of stealing and her bond was set at $5,000.
Hovis and Garamella are both charged with stealing and bond for each has been set at $2,500.