- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)32
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Jehovah's Witnesses hold conventions
The Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses will hold two public conventions in St. Charles, Mo. with a theme of "Keep on the Watch!" the weekends of July 3 to 5 and July 10 to 12. The events are part of a series of 319 conventions being held in 81 cities across the country this year. The St. Charles conventions are expected to draw up to 12,000 people, with many from Southeast Missouri, and will highlight benefits for readers and students of the Bible observing world developments and events. Programs for both weekends will be presented in English. Sessions will begin each day at 9:20 a.m. at St. Charles Family Arena, 2002 Arena Parkway, St. Charles, Mo.
-- From staff reports
Scott City First Assembly of God invites men of all ages to a free fellowship breakfast.
When: 7:30 a.m. today
Where: 312 Dearborn St., Scott City.
Father's Day breakfast
Centenary United Methodist Church invites men and their children of all ages to a breakfast.
When: 8:30 a.m. today
Where: 300 N. Ellis St., Cape Girardeau
Champ Callahan and his family will perform a Mercy Rains concert at Fruitland Community Church.
When: 7 p.m. today
Where: 6040 U.S. 61 North, Fruitland
Christ Lutheran Church will hold a benefit dinner at the fellowship hall in memory of Penny Leirer, with a silent auction and drawing. Funds raised at the benefit will be matched by Thrivent Financial.
When: 3 p.m. today
Where: 248 Albert St., Gordonville
Super Saturdays Kids Carnival
Free family carnival for all ages with inflatable slides, obstacle course, games and more at Cape Community Church.
When: 2 p.m. today
Where: 2222 Bloomfield St., Cape Girardeau
Grace United Methodist Church will hold a reception for the Rev. Scott Moon and Michelle Moon.
When: 2 p.m. Sunday
Where: 521 Caruthers Ave., Cape Girardeau
Vacation Bible school
* Centenary United Methodist Church will hold a free youth summer program with a game show theme.
When: 9 a.m. Monday through Friday
Where: 300 N. Ellis St., Cape Girardeau
* Hobbs Chapel United Methodist Church will hold a summer youth program with a safari theme.
When: 6 p.m. Monday to Friday
Where: 3024 Highway 177, Cape Girardeau
Randles General Baptist Church will hold a five-day revival with the Rev. Rudy Pittman.
When: 7 p.m. Monday to Friday
Where: 112 N. Henderson St., Randles
The fourth session in a six-week educational program on Islam will be a presentation by local Muslims of personal stories of what Islam has meant in their lives. The program is at Abbey Road Christian Church.
When: 7 p.m. Tuesday
Where: 2411 Abbey Road, Cape Girardeau
The First Baptist Church in Jackson will hold a block party with a performance by the Jackson Municipal Band, youth games and face painting.
Where: Jackson City Park
Youth and adult project
Greater Dimension Ministries Church will hold a conference for youth ages 6 and up called "Bridge Project -- Transition for Kingdom, Transition for Life," along with praise, worship and homebuying seminars for youth and adults. The conference will focus on health, education, entrepreneurship, life skills, social and economic preparedness and having a personal and professional "God-centered" lifestyle. Cost for registration is $20 for youth ages 6 to 18 and $25 for adults age 19 and older.
When: Thursday to Saturday
Where: 723 Hackberry St., Cape Girardeau