- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)23
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Flags at half-staff to honor fallen Mo. Marine
SULLIVAN, Mo. -- Gov. Jay Nixon has ordered all U.S. and Missouri flags on state property to be flown at half-staff for a week starting today to honor a fallen Marine from east-central Missouri.
Marine Chief Warrant Officer 2 Ricky L. Richardson Jr. died June 10 in Afghanistan. The 33-year-old from Sullivan had been in the Marines since 1996. He was an explosive ordnance disposal technician killed while dismantling bombs.
Nixon also ordered state and U.S. flags on state property throughout Missouri be flown at half-staff on June 20, the day of Richardson's funeral.
Richardson is survived his wife and one child.