- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- 'Santa' suspect Moffat sentenced to 12 years for sexual abuse of girl (8/23/16)2
- New CEO named at Wood & Huston Bank (8/21/16)
- Schnucks bans solicitors, including organizations like Salvation Army (8/24/16)38
- Police: Woman beat another woman with a bat over a pair of shoes (8/21/16)2
Montana woman uses chickens as therapists
POLSON, Mont. -- Therapy dogs can be a comfort for seniors and those recovering from illnesses and injuries.
So how about therapy chickens?
Jana Clairmont of Polson, Mont., calls her therapy birds -- a white rooster and Cornish game hen -- "Fowl Play."
On Thursday, she took them to visit residents at Polson Health and Rehabilitation Center in northeast Montana.
Many seniors were raised on farms, Clairmont says, and holding a chicken can bring back memories.
As one man stroked the rooster, Alex, the bird stretched out his neck and rested it across the man's forearm, like a puppy.
Clairmont has arranged visits to retirement and assisted living homes, and says she'd like to take Alex and Carlita, the hen, into classrooms this fall.
Information from: Missoulian, http://www.missoulian.com