- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)30
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Margie Lorene Bruce, 81, of Scott City died Thursday, Jan. 20, 2005, at her home.
She was born July 14, 1923, in Advance, Mo., daughter of Richard and Berniece Hill Reed. She and Aaron Nathaniel Bruce were married Oct. 8, 1960. He died May 10, 1990.
Bruce attended the Assembly of God Church in Scott City.
Survivors include a son, Jerry Kennedy of Scott City; a daughter, Barbara Modglin of Scott City; five stepchildren, Ed, John, Helen, Ruth and Mary Ann; five grandchildren; eight great-grandchildren; a great-great-grandchild; several stepgrandchildren, great-stepgrandchildren and great-great-stepgrandchildren.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at the chapel, with the Rev. Randy Morse officiating. Burial will be in Lightner Cemetery.