- Emergency c-section on dead mother saves baby following I-55 wreck (05/15/16)19
- Big drug haul made during Cape Girardeau bust (05/17/16)11
- Police charge Perryville man with statutory rape of two underage girls (05/17/16)
- Teen shot outside apartment off Lorimier Street (05/20/16)39
- Body found Thursday at Ranney Park in Cape (05/20/16)10
- Bollinger County deputies bust man on meth-for-sex sting (05/20/16)2
- Area farmer pleads guilty to fraud (05/18/16)1
- Perryville man accused of grabbing woman around throat, pulling out her hair (05/18/16)1
- Charleston man accused of fatally shooting Cape teen (05/22/16)24
- Vandals ravage historic Shivelbine house before demolition (05/18/16)25
Margie Lorene Bruce, 81, of Scott City died Thursday, Jan. 20, 2005, at her home.
She was born July 14, 1923, in Advance, Mo., daughter of Richard and Berniece Hill Reed. She and Aaron Nathaniel Bruce were married Oct. 8, 1960. He died May 10, 1990.
Bruce attended the Assembly of God Church in Scott City.
Survivors include a son, Jerry Kennedy of Scott City; a daughter, Barbara Modglin of Scott City; five stepchildren, Ed, John, Helen, Ruth and Mary Ann; five grandchildren; eight great-grandchildren; a great-great-grandchild; several stepgrandchildren, great-stepgrandchildren and great-great-stepgrandchildren.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at the chapel, with the Rev. Randy Morse officiating. Burial will be in Lightner Cemetery.