- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Tire fails, sends Sikeston woman to hospital
NEW MADRID COUNTY, Mo. - A Sikeston, Mo., woman was injured in a motor vehicle accident on US 61 Wednesday evening, according to the Missouri State Highway Patrol.
Tyesha S. Hudson, 18, was driving her 1989 Ford pickup northbound on US 61 four miles north of New Madrid when her front tire failed around 5:30 p.m. The vehicle then traveled off the right side of the roadway and struck a tree.
The Ford was totaled and Hudson and occupant Ricky D. Davis, 22, of New Madrid were taken by ambulance to Missouri Delta Medical Center in Sikeston. Hudson and Davis were treated for moderate injuries.